Produced Water Working Group
- New Virtual Seminar Series on Produced Water Treatment & Reuse starting May 14. Get details on the complete series or register here.
- US Bureau of Reclamation has released a Desalination and Water Purification Research (DWPR) Program Pitch to Pilot funding opportunity.
The objective of this funding opportunity is to develop innovative and disruptive new technologies or processes that reduce the costs, energy requirements, and/or environmental impacts up to $200,000 per applicant. More information is available by clicking here. Applications are due June 3, 2021, 4:00 p.m. MDT.
The Water for 2060 Advisory Council's recommendations for the energy and industry sector include promoting the industrial use of marginal quality waters, such as produced water, and increasing opportunities for energy and industry water users to share information and supplies. On Dec. 1, 2015, Governor Mary Fallin announced the formation of a fact-finding work group to look at ways that water produced in oil and natural gas operations may be recycled or reused instead of being injected into underground disposal wells.
The non-regulatory Water for 2060 Produced Water Working Group has been charged with identifying regulatory, technical, and economic barriers to produced water reuse as well as looking at opportunities and challenges associated with treating produced water for beneficial uses, such as industrial use, or crop irrigation.
- Julie Cunningham, Chair (OWRB)
- Fred Fischer (Oklahoma Panhandle Agriculture & Irrigation Association)
- Bud Ground (Environmental Federation of Oklahoma)
- Brent Kisling (Oklahoma Department of Commerce)
- Dr. Jason Vogel (Oklahoma Water Survey / OU)
- Dr. Clint Aichele (Oklahoma State University)
- Mark Matheson (Oklahoma Rural Water Association)
- Mike Mathis (Continental Resources)
- Neal McCaleb (Ambassador, Chickasaw Nation)
- Mike Paque (Ground Water Protection Council)
- Blayne Arthur, Sec. of Agriculture (Department of Agriculture, Food & Forestry)
- Shawn Coslett (Oklahoma Corporation Commission)
- Alan Riffel (Oklahoma Municipal League)
- Terry Stowers (Coalition of Oklahoma Surface & Mineral Owners)
- Scott Thompson (Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality)
- Usha Turner (Oklahoma Gas & Electric)
- September 9, 2020; PWWG - Updates - Current Events Meeting - Agenda
Virtual Zoom meeting with members and partners from industry, OCC, DEQ, EPA, OU, OSU, EDF, and others to discuss events and status of PW in Oklahoma
- Meeting Summary *coming soon
See All Meetings
Information and Resources